Small Business Server by Microsoft levels the playing field by giving your growing business access to all the functionality of ‘big businesses’ at a fraction of the cost.
To be able to complete successfully within any business market you need access to the right IT solutions. Small Business Server (SBS) does just this! However the key to ensuing you utilize this to its full extent is to partner with the right specialist.
Understanding Microsoft Windows Small Business Server
Often neglected by many of the leading network operating system vendors, small businesses have struggled with implementing “right sized” network solutions for years. Recognising this, Microsoft has made significant headway with its Windows Small Business Server solution. With Windows Server at its base, Small Business Server is bundled with a range of server and client applications, providing a total out-of-the-box network software solution for businesses with between 5 and 50 users. The popularity is so great that many IT service providers have established specific practices within their businesses specialising in Small Business Server installations and support
Small Business Server is designed to provide small businesses with a host of networked functions and features found typically in larger network environments. Among these are:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003: An industry-standard server operating system designed specifically for high performance networking.
- Microsoft Windows Sharepoint Services: Providing an internal Web site (intranet) specially designed to support information sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server: Industrial strength e-mail and messaging system, with Outlook Web Access for mobile/remote user Web-based access to e-mail and other Microsoft Outlook features.
- Microsoft Shared Fax Service: Fully-featured fax receipt and transmission functionality delivered across the network.
Depending on the version you choose, Microsoft Small Business Server delivers a number of other features. Essentially, though, it is a product that does more than ever to establish a level playing field for small businesses.
Business benefits of using Windows Small Business Server
Adopters of Microsoft Windows Small Business Server have successfully achieved benefits that include:
- improved security against external (hacking) and internal threats to their data
- the ability to implement a variety of remote access functions, such as e-mail and intranet
- enhanced worker collaboration resulting from data and information sharing
- greater staff productivity and much more.